The Australian Local Government Women's Association Tasmania Branch Inc. website can be found here.
A full list of contact details, minutes, agenda's and history is available on this site.
ALWGA objectives are to:
- assist in furthering women's knowledge and understanding of the functions of Local Government
- encourage women into professional careers in Local Government
- encourage women to offer themselves as candidates for election to Local Government and act as mentors for those elected
- protect and enhance the rights of women in Local Government
- take action in relation to any subject or activity of particular interest to women affecting Local Government bodies and / or Local Government legislation.
The Australian Local Government Women's Association supports women in Local Government so they, in turn, can support their communities and each other.
ALGWA works in conjunction with LGAT, the Premiers Local Government Council, the Local Government Divison and Women Tasmania to produce and promote resources to assist women interested in nominating for Councils throughout the state.
ALGWA also works closely with the Local Government Professionals (Lg Pro) to promote Local Government as a professional sector of choice.
ALGWA acknowledges the support of the Local Government Association of Tasmania (LGAT) in enabling an online presence for ALGWA Tasmania.