Local Government Community Health and Well Being Project
Local Government plays a key role in providing for the health and wellbeing of Tasmanian communities. LGAT works to improve awareness and understanding that role by:
- Advocating regarding the essential role councils play in improving Tasmanian’s health outcomes
- Promoting understanding about the best ways to support that essential role
The Local Government Community Health and Wellbeing Project supports councils in this role by assisting them to respond to the unique community strengths and health needs within their communities.
LGAT’s support role is driven by the following actions:
- Facilitating professional learning
- Researching best practice in planning and practice for improving health outcomes
- Celebrating the innovations and achievements of Tasmanian council officers
- Growing effective partnerships and support models; and
- Sharing examples of community decision making skills.
Further updates on this project page will be available soon.