What is the National Procurement Network?
LGAT is a member of the National Procurement Network.
The NPN connects procurement services offered by Local Government Associations in States and Territories in Australia to provide national programs where it is beneficial to combine the purchasing power of councils Australia wide. The effect is to deliver savings in time and cost to member councils.
Many councils are already seeing the benefits of purchasing through the Network - saving time and money. Items may be purchased through a simple Request for Quotation or Purchase Order process (value driven).
The NPN comprises the following member organisations and their business units:
- Local Government Association of Tasmania
- Local Buy Pty Ltd - a wholly owned company of the Local Government Association of Queensland
- Mav Procurement - the business arm of the Municipal Association of Victoria
- Local Government Procurement Pty Ltd - a wholly owned company of the Local Government Association of New South Wales
- Western Australian Local Government Association
- Local Government Association of Northern Territory
National Procurement Network (NPN) - Contracts
The NPN has collaborated on a number of successful contracts that are available to Tasmanian Councils. Use of these contracts is optional.
Two updated National Procurement Network contracts for Plant Machinery Equipment and Specialised Trucks and Bodies are now available. Please see the relevant links below.
- Plant Machinery Equipment (NPN 2.15)
- Specialized Trucks and Bodies (NPN 1.15)
- Mobile Garbage Bins
- Fuels, Oils and Lubricants
- Tyres, Tubes and Batteries
- Workwear and Personal Protective Apparel
- Corporate Wardrobe
- Office and Workplace Supplies and Associated Products
Councils are able to access the NPN contracts through Vendor Panel.
Phone: (03) 6233 5964
Deb Leisser (Wed/Thurs)
Phone: (03) 6233 5971